tiistai 4. syyskuuta 2018

September 2018 California

Greetings from Northern California. Fall is starting to be felt in the air.

I will begin by sharing the feelings arising in me about publishing this post. Fear of being judged, the text not being good or conscious enough, having too much ego, being small minded just writing about my own selfish experience when I could or should be writing about how we all should make the world a better place for the next generation. And here I am writing about eating meat and drinking tea. With that said I come back to myself love and that this is the real me, and my real experience this time around. I write more for myself than for anybody else. To move energy, to look at my experience from a different angle, to share to and write. And maybe, and hopefully somebody else will find at least a little interesting, or get some value from it. 

I flew in here the day before yesterday. Very smooth flow with immigration and took the Bart train downtown and walked to my hotel. Had a little cold going on and went out later to get some echinacea tincture from a small health food store. 
Woke  up early the next morning which was yesterday and went out into chinatown and this very local Dim Sum place filled with Chinese people speaking Chinese and drinking tea and having various dishes for breakfast. 
So I was sitting there feeling happy and drinking a pot of nice tea and having spare ribs for breakfast. Eating meat and animal fat again after two weeks of vegetarianism feels great. I feel much more stable in body and mind and my teeth feel much stronger. All respect to people who want to end animal suffering, I'm all for that too but I do think we're omnivores and personally my wellbeing is greater when i consciously eat enough animal products to stay my best. This is a topic worth gong into with more detail, around food combining and genetic expression etc. but that will be another blog, right now I want to stay on the traveling.
After Dim Sum and tea in two different restaurants which were very moderately priced by the way, I paid only about 10 in each, I went to check out some herb shops. Wild American ginseng was my primary desire but I ended up getting some sliced Korean Ginseng, wild Cordyceps and deer antler slices as well. I'd forgot how excited I get around these rare and precious herbs. Still looking forward to try them out as tonic herbs of this class shouldn't be consumed when one has a cold because they will close up the surface of the body system so that it won't be able to expel what need to be expelled.

I then decided to go to my friend Naeem's to pick up my motorbike stored in his garage for the past month. Him and his girlfriend had just had a little baby boy so felt special to visit them also for this reason. I ended up having a smoke with Neem and his homie which was surprisingly nice even if I don't really smoke weed anymore. Drank a lot of tea and had a super interesting conversation with his retired mother who is a very strong and special lady with a very mixed heritage of white, black and native American.

When starting to take off my bike jacket was nowhere to be found. We literally turned the whole garage upside down, took out a lot of stuff searching. But eventually had to give up. An interesting situation I didn't want to, and still don't want to blame anyone. But the jacket had to go somewhere. It might be possible It was left outside by me a month earlier, or maybe one of the tenants took it. Anyway, I decided to let it go, that jacket wasn't really me anyway. So rode on with my hiking jacket which works well enough even if it doesn't have any protective armor.

I was destined to Hopland a 100 miles north, the sun was setting and it was warm enough. Felt really good to be riding again. My odometer cable had broke a month before so it was a bit challenging to keep track on how many miles I rode. I also was riding with full throttle so gas was spent quicker than usual. I ran out of gas just about 10miles short of my destination. What to do but to start waving at passing cars, and lucky enough literally the fourth car passing stopped, and Brian and his wife and baby girl took me to a gas station where I got a gas can and gas and could continue on to my air bn'b. The place turned out to be a real gem, a small cob hut on this solar powered permaculture farm. As it is early morning when I'm writing this I still haven't really explored it much so Can't say more than that i feel very blessed to be here, sitting in this natural, well ventilated space with rounded forms inside.

So toady my plan is to ride around 240 miles along the coast and through the mountains to go back to hayfork and the farm that's been my base and home for three months and will be so for three more. Looking forward to the mountains, to get to nourish myself and rest. And of course to cook for the California tantra festival in about a week. wow. that's very soon. Exciting. My purest intention is for the food to be balanced, delicious, healthy and healing for everybody eating. And the kitchenwork to be fun, harmonious and crazy for everybody participating.

I feel very greatful and blessed for everything in life at the moment. My month in Europe and all the friends I got to connect to. My health and knowledge to keep healthy as best as I can. Good tea and herbs. And my freedom to live my life like I do. It's so amazing and humbling that I better just shut up about it now. I Love you, I thank You, I'm Sorry and I forgive you. Namaste.







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti